[Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: Fricas

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [fricas-devel] Re: Fricas
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:08:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Bill Page wrote:

| Tim,
|
| I am truly shocked and saddened by your demand to remove my updates
| concerning the FriCAS project from the axiom-developer server. !!!
| :-((  ?

I did not have network access for four days, so I'm having trouble
following all this saga from where I'm currently sitting.

The feedback I have on the recent saga around Axiom, in my understanding,
is largely negative and make some very skilled people determined not to
approach Axiom within any miles -- they would prefer redoing everything from
scratch than to getting entangled in personal ego and drama.  That is NOT
what we want.

[...]

| So now what are you intentions? Are you really trying to alienate
| everyone involved in the project?  I asked you a few weeks ago: "Do
| you have any idea how much damage you are causing?". I guess that
| question still stands. I really thought you had recovered from the
| state that lead to the current acrimonious situation and so we could
| just move on. Sigh. But now you have even *me* feeling like some of
| our other colleagues who have already announced their resignation from
| the project. I feel like I have been trying hard to do some damage
| control and keep the Axiom project together but you have just stabbed
| me in the back!

:-(

In light of this and recent events, I believe I start understanding the
reactions of people in the room, back at

   http://nicolas.thiery.name/CalculFormelLibre/workshop.html

when Tim was proposing to get together around Axiom.  I even understand
more when very few people are showing up for Axiom, while the demand for
an advanced, open source, computer algebra system is so pressing.

Tim --

  If you truly ant the Axiom project to succeed, be alive, and attract
talented people., then this is not what you want.  You should take a
break and enjoy the summer.