[Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion

From: C Y
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Pamphlet format discussion
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 09:09:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- address@hidden wrote:

> Cliff, Andrey, Steve,
>
> I hope to demonstrate the ability to extract a small, well defined
> portion of a pamphlet file in response to an axiom help command
> using the lisp-level weave. Thus I'd like to be able to say
>
>   )help DHMATRIX )examples
>
> which involves extracting just the portion of the
> dhmatrix.spad.pamphlet
> file that shows examples for each command.

That's a good example.  How would you plan to identify the part of the
pamphlet file that contains the example?  Something like:

\begin{chunk}{chunk1}{spad}
code
\end{chunk}

\begin{chunk}{chunk1}{example}
example
\end{chunk}

is one option, but then the tangle operation needs to know not to
extract the example into the source file.  Or maybe just having a
unique chunk name for the example:

\begin{chunk}{chunk1}
code
\end{chunk}

\begin{chunk}{chunk1-example}
example
\end{chunk}

and having the help command know the chunk names of the examples in
dhmatrix?

> This could also be more
> specific to apply to a single command, such as
>
>   )help DHMATRIX )examples rotate
>
> This requires a combination of tangle and weave.

Correct.  How did you plan to be able to have Axiom know which example
in the pamphlet pertains to the rotate command?  Presumably the
pamphlet structure itself would need to suggest this - what mechanism
did you have in mind?

Cheers,
CY

FareChase.