[Axiom-developer] can't compile user-defined functions on axiom

From: yalcin oksuz
Subject: [Axiom-developer] can't compile user-defined functions on axiom
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 03:25:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I am trying to use axiom in my academic study, but I
can't get it run properly. The problem is when I try
to define a function it gives error, for example

(2) -> f(n|n<=0)==-n

            Type: Void
(3) -> f(3)
   Compiling function f with type PositiveInteger ->
Integer
sh: gcc: command not found

I searched on the net and learn that it could be the
gcc version installed on my computer. I have installed
Debian 4.0 etch  on my computer with gcc 4.0 version.
I am using linux system for only axiom, or to draw
plots in axiom which is not available in windows. If
you could recommend another distrubition I can gladly
try that. I have a newer mainboard with jmicron
pata-controller, which is not supported by kernels
older than 2.6.18. I will appreciate any help, thanks
in advance.

                                 Best Regards
                                 Yalç&#305;n Öksüz
                                 Hacettepe University