[Axiom-developer] Re: FriCAS

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: FriCAS
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 23:34:06 +0200 (CEST)

> Define contribute. As I defined contribute, which I believe is the
> common open source understanding, it involves creating patches
> against the main line of work and publishing them. Show me patches.
> I asked for a changeset for hyperdoc so the trunk would be fixed.
> I see no changeset posted. That is a statement of fact which is not
> "unfair and inaccurate".

First step to get working hyperdoc is to put correct files in correct
places -- this is a Makefile change.  Original patches were done
with respect to build-improvements.  To make search for
constructors working one needs libdb.text:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-10/msg00530.html
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-10/msg00549.html

(this patch is included in build-improvements).

One also needs USES and DEPENDENTS info:

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2006-11/msg00013.html

To see graphics examples one needs to adjust paths to viewports,
part of this adjustment is done in 2006-10/msg00530.html mail.

There are few other patches.  If you want "full" solution you
need large part of wh-sandbox, because some path adjustments are
done at the time when .pht pages are generated.  In turn to generate
.pht pages you need a bunch of bug fixes and support in Makefiles.
Also wh-sandbox thanks to autoconf can detect and use 'openpty'
function.

The fixes presented in mails above are easy to port to gold.  Why
I have not ported them?  Well, if you look carefully you will
notice that the patch in '2006-10/msg00549.html' is with respect
to silver, which at that time was the best approximation to gold
which were publically visible.  This patch is still not
included in silver...

Also, the patches involve path adjustments, I you adjust patches
to old directory layout you will have to adjust them again when
switching to new layout.  So IMHO the logical thing to do is
to first have new Makefiles and new directory layout is silver
and than merge hyperdoc changes.  Doing things in opposite order
only makes sense if you do not want to adapt new directory layout.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden