Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: SVN failure

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: SVN failure
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:56:07 +0200

Well, the only solution I see at that site you recommended is to run
  svn update

which I did before making my changes. So I just ran svn update and it
destroyed my work. I'll follow the standard practice, blow away
everything, and redo the work.

Why didn't the svn update bring my copy up to date? I ran it before
making changes. I did nothing clever. Just update, mv, rm, and commit.

Source code contol systems should never lose work. Never.
What a waste.

Tim, next time before you do anything with svn, could you try to log your session. Maybe someone can then better guess what the error is.
Do you happen to have a log for your last SVN attempt?

Ralf