[Axiom-developer] Why did Axiom fail in the 1990s?

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Why did Axiom fail in the 1990s?
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 18:32:19 -0500

> I think that an introduction to Axiom in book form would be very
> welcome. It would have two consequences: it would advertise Axiom,
> and it would show Axiom to be serious and useful software, rather
> than just a hobby for a few developers.

I'd love to see another book project get underway. I think you might
be able to get a few people interested, especially those who are
interested in classroom use. Let me know if I can help.

On the book front there are two primary sources. The first is the
"Jenks Book" (Jenks, Sutor "Axiom, The Scientific Computation System"
ISBN 0-387-97855-0 (EU ISBN 3-540-97855-0)). If you don't have a copy
I have an extra one I'd be willing to mail to you.

There is also the book I published: "Axiom Volume 1: Tutorial",
available at Lulu.com (self-publish) or Amazon (Daly, Timothy
"Axiom Volume 1: Tutorial" ISBN 1-4116-6597-X). The original sources
are available in src/doc/bookvol1.pamphlet and the original image
in src/doc/bookvol1.pdf. I'd also be willing to mail you a paper
copy if you'll send a mailing address.

Tim