Re: [Axiom-developer] Fork time

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Fork time
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 18:25:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007, Ralf Hemmecke wrote:

| >   I do believe there is a way out of this apparant dead end.  Remember,
| > someone on ths list once said "running code wins".  Get past the current
| > debate and move on *with* Axiom.
|
| Thanks Gaby. I very much hope that you find time to post a mega patch that
| makes trunk contain the autoconf stuff. I am sure that would improve the
| current situation.

I'm working on that.

As I reiterated last thursday during my talk here in Lille, build-improvements
branch is not envisioned to be my private thing.  It was and is a project
for the community (and by the community).

| I also very much hope that we stay together as a community and even fight for
| a bigger one.

Yes.  I'll soon make my slides public.  For me, Axiom is, among other things,
a tool.  It needs a *user* community.  Otherwise, it will die in futil
philosophical debates about the literate sex of angels.