[Axiom-developer] A modest proposal

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] A modest proposal
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:13:13 -0500

Ralf,

> Tim, in order to help Gaby and Waldek submit patches (which at least
> Gaby said, he will do), it is very important that they know thesvn
> revision numbers of the changes that you took out.

> *Please, post the ranges of SVN revisions* (something like
> 234:256,332:341, etc.) that you took from Waldek's or Gaby's branch and
> post them to the list

If you look at the SVN revisions you'll see that the "changesets"
that are posted have two problems. First, a fair portion of the
changesets reference the new Makefiles in addition to changes made
in particular files. Thus, the revision cannot be applied.
Second, "changeset" changes, that is, a clean, complete, single-idea
change do not occur everywhere in the revision list. Thus there are
"mixed changesets" that are both applied and not applied or partial.

At Gaby's request I reviewed all of the SVN revisions and my changes
and posted a document at
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2007-05/msg00320.html>

These changes are arranged by "topic" and would have been complete
changesets in the new git/svn-trunk version but were made prior to that.

The kind of diff-Naur patch I've asked from Gaby (autoconf) or
Waldek (hyperdoc) are not represented in any of the changes I made.
Thus there should be minimal collisions.

Tim