[Axiom-developer] Hyperdoc

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Hyperdoc
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:17:01 -0500

Martin,

>> This isn't a competition, at least in my mind.

> You are quite wrong here, I think

Hmmm. Well the only hope that we would have in a competition would be
to drive a "standardization" campaign. All of the systems should
deliver the same answers to the same input (modulo syntax). This would
make systems into commodities.  Since commodity-based products are
chosen on price Axiom would have a clear advantage.

I do think that there should be standard answers that we should expect
from every system. That is the notion behind the CATS (Computer
Algebra Test Suite) idea. So far I've seen no-one who has even cared
enough about standards to bother to comment on the idea.

Tim