[Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: testing hyperdoc package on Windows
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:49:43 -0400

On 11 Jun 2007 14:50:04 +0200
 Martin Rubey <address@hidden> wrote:
"William Sit" <address@hidden> writes:

(1) -> )library hyper
    HyperDoc is now explicitly exposed in frame initial
HyperDoc will be automatically loaded when needed from
       /OpenAxiom/axiom014/mnt/windows/lib/hyper.NRLIB/code
(1) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)

    >> System error:
    GREP is invalid as a function.

but SOCKET is defined in hyper.lisp? Did I forget to mention that you also
need to say

)lisp (load "hyper.lisp")

before trying SOCKET?

I guess you didn't, but I did when restarting Axiom. So now:
SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)$Lisp

simply "freeze" with no output. According to my firewall, it did ask to be a server and I allowed it. What should be expected?

Putting url

http://localhost:8080/|?binomial` `OutputForm|

simply says: waiting for localhost

I am not worried about the small database 146 value because I am running the hyperdoc package in .../windows/lib which is my personal library. I assume that if I can set the path to include the actual Axiom library I would be
able to get the entire database.

No, I don't think that this will work. But to be honest, I do not know. In
any case, at least wh-sandbox does not have this problem.

Martin

I have trouble with setting paths, but this is a known bug in Windows Axiom. But the present immediate problem is the socket to browser interface.

William