Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom under Windows
Date: 09 Jun 2007 18:56:19 +0200

Gregory Vanuxem <address@hidden> writes:

> Just one thing, Firefox seems to translate ` to %60 so the request is badly
> parsed.

Oh dear.  Is there an ascii character which is forbidden in Axiom and left
unchanged by every browser?  Or, otherwise, is there a simple solution to make
Lisp keep the case? Currently I use vertical bars and

         (fn (and (eq get 'get)
                  (subseq (string (read s nil 'eof)) 1))))

but I think that this is not satisfactory.

> I have another problem, Htlatex does not work on my Debian system (amd64
> testing) but the LaTeX file is correctly generated.

Oh, did you write Eitan?

"Alfredo Portes" <address@hidden> writes:

> (1) -> SOCKET(8080, getDocumentation$HyperDoc)$Lisp
> Got "?binomial%60%20%60OutputForm"

>    ["binomial%60%20%60OutputForm"]

Yes, that's just what Greg explained.  The cure is to find another character
which is forbidden in Axiom and left unchanged by your browser (and preferably,
by any browser), and replace the "`" in line 46 of hyper.spad by that symbol.

           ls := split(s, char "`")

I did not check, but maybe "_" would be ok.  I chose "`" since it is used by
axiom as separator in the database, and I thought I'd better be consistent.

It does not matter what separator one uses in line 26:

            s: String := concat([op.'name, "`", op.'type, "`", op.'origin])

It is only important, that different name, type, origin triples are mapped to
different string.

Martin