Re: [Axiom-developer] Safe version

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Safe version
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 14:31:50 +0200 (CEST)

Franz Lehner wrote:
> > OTOH safety 3 means very significant slowdown.  On the same machine
> > safety 0 build took about 2.5 hours while safety 3 build needed
> > about 19 hours.
> It was roughly 12 hours here.
> Is runtime speed affected by this?

I am just building safe version.  Testsuite run took 235 minutes
compared to 18 minutues for safety 1 version.  While testsuite
probably is different than normal workload, it clearly shows
that runtime speed is even more affected than build time.  Also,
IIRC one safe version I tested failed a few tests runnning out
of stack space: safe version had tail recursion elimination
disabled (but I do not see this probem in current build).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden