[Axiom-developer] Re: merge branches/daly to trunk

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: merge branches/daly to trunk
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:54:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, address@hidden wrote:

| Gaby,
|
| I'll test the trunk version.
|
| Then I'll diff-Naur the trunk and branches/daly and then bring my
| local tree up to date as well as the git public tree.
|
| Once that is done I'll do all future commits to trunk.

That is great news.

As for my plans to merge things from build-improvements to trunk:

  (1) I'll go on (business) travel from next wednesday, for some time.
      The only machine I'll have is a windows-based laptop.  So that seriously
      limits what I can do.

  (2) I'll try to isolate configure.ac.pamphlet alone; but it is noe terrible
      that useful.  However, I prefer to do it that way, because the Makefile
      changes need me to do full build, which I can't during my travel.

  (3) I may need to propose some "trivial" changes that help build on
      windowns.

The bottom-line is that the changes will be incremental as opposed to a
gigantic one-shot patch.