[Axiom-developer] Re: problem plotting simple functions

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: problem plotting simple functions
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 21:15:22 +0200 (CEST)

Bill Page wrote:
> After building Axiom from a recent version of wh-sandbox
> (revision 580) I get the following error. The first draw
> command works fine but simpler examples fail:
>
> (1) -> draw(sin(x*y),x=-5..5,y=-5..5)
>    Compiling function %H with type (DoubleFloat,DoubleFloat) ->
>       DoubleFloat
>    Transmitting data...
>
>    (1)  ThreeDimensionalViewport: "sin x*y"
>                                                Type:
> ThreeDimensionalViewport
> (2) -> draw(sin(x),x=-5..5)
>    Compiling function %J with type DoubleFloat -> DoubleFloat
>
>    >> Error detected within library code:
>    Not an integer

I can not reporduce this in my developement version (slightly different
that revision 580).  Could you try your example enabling Lisp
debugger:

)lisp (si::use-fast-links nil)
)set break break

Then try the drawing commands.  Insted of message you should see

BOOT>>

prompt.  Type :bt at the prompt.  Do this in a terminal which
has at least few hundreds lines of scrollback or use utility like
script to capture output.  You should see the chain of calls
which resulted in error -- this should indicate in which function
the error happended and how we got there.

To get out of debugger type '(quit)' -- that is call Lisp function
quit.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden