[Axiom-developer] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: TeXmacs+Axiom
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 00:35:45 +0200

woodpecker:~>type axiom
axiom is hashed (/home/hemmecke/software/Axiom/mnt/linux/bin/axiom)
woodpecker:~>type AXIOMsys
AXIOMsys is /home/hemmecke/software/Axiom/mnt/linux/bin/AXIOMsys

I whould have said

  ~> which axiom
  ~> which AXIOMsys

but that's ok.

Oh, but I am using bash, and I remember that I once had the problem that I brought a program "foo" to be visible via "which" as

/some/path/foo

but simply calling "foo" on the command line would lead me to the "foo" whose path was stored in the bash hash. Of course that is usually the same except that your PATH variable starts with $HOME/bin, and you move a program there.

You probably know what the second call to AXIOMsys returns

woodpecker:~>AXIOMsys
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                       Version: Axiom (September 2006)
              Timestamp: Friday September 29, 2006 at 14:21:21
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase
(1) -> )quit
   Please enter y or yes if you really want to leave the interactive
      environment and return to the operating system:
woodpecker:~>type AXIOMsys
AXIOMsys is hashed (/home/hemmecke/local/bin/Linux/AXIOMsys)
woodpecker:~>which AXIOMsys
/home/hemmecke/local/bin/Linux/AXIOMsys
woodpecker:~>echo "echo MyAxiomSys" > bin/AXIOMsys; chmod +x bin/AXIOMsys
woodpecker:~>type AXIOMsys
AXIOMsys is hashed (/home/hemmecke/local/bin/Linux/AXIOMsys)
woodpecker:~>which AXIOMsys
/home/hemmecke/bin/AXIOMsys
woodpecker:~>AXIOMsys
                        AXIOM Computer Algebra System
                       Version: Axiom (September 2006)
              Timestamp: Friday September 29, 2006 at 14:21:21
   Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
   Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
   Issue )quit to leave AXIOM and return to shell.

   Re-reading compress.daase   Re-reading interp.daase
   Re-reading operation.daase
   Re-reading category.daase
   Re-reading browse.daase
(1) ->