Re: [Axiom-developer] Two emacs questions

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Two emacs questions
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:43:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- Alasdair McAndrew <address@hidden> wrote:

> 1)  In using the axiommode.el file by Jay Belanger, Cliff Yapp, and
> Francois Maltey, it hangs on "M-x run-axiom" when trying to parse my
> ".axiom.input" file.  From a console, both axiom and AXIOMsys start
> with no problems - how can I debug my input file?  What might be
> causing it to hang?

At a guess, the hack that avoids the double prompt effect may be
gagging if your .axiom.input file adds any extra output it's not
expecting to see at that stage (not sure when .axiom.input gets
evaluated relative to the second prompt generation.)

I guess if you disable the cleanup hack you would avoid the problem. I
was/am very annoyed by it so I cleaned it up, but it looks like
(surprise) the hack broke down.

> 2)  Is there an emacs mode which includes the usual niceties: syntax
> highlighting, automatic indentation etc, for writing .input files?

Sorry, none that I know of.  I'm personally less interested in Emacs
these days, but the code that does exist is at least somewhat literate
(IIRC the pamphlet file is in the sandbox somewhere) so please feel
free to fix it up/build on it.

Cheers,
CY

Be a PS3 game guru.