TeXmacs+Axiom was: Re: [Axiom-developer] New blood in Axiom

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: TeXmacs+Axiom was: Re: [Axiom-developer] New blood in Axiom
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 10:58:54 +0200

I agree about )d op differentiate, but I disagree about )wh th int.  In any
case, I'd advice you to use HyperDoc (from wh-sandbox), and forget about )di op
and )wh th.

Do you think you could fix TeXmacs to fire up HyperDoc?  The only thing that
needs to be changed is the call to "AXIOMsys" (Bill said that TeXmacs calls
AXIOMsys rather than axiom) Maybe it's sufficient to replace "AXIOMsys" with
"axiom".

Strange, but I installed the debian etch package of texmacs. And under

/usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/plugins/axiom/progs/init-axiom.scm

it says

(define (axiom-initialize)
  (import-from (utils plugins plugin-convert))
  (lazy-input-converter (axiom-input) axiom))

(plugin-configure axiom
  (:require (url-exists-in-path? "/usr/bin/axiom"))
  (:initialize (axiom-initialize))
  (:launch "tm_axiom")
  (:session "Axiom"))

So I would assume that texmacs calls the right thing.

Unfortunately, I've compiled my own Axiom Gold (patch--50) and I don't know exactly how to call that Axiom.

Currently, I've created ~/.TeXmacs/plugins/axiom/progs/init-axiom.scm and modified the path to point to my Axiom. An Axiom session starts, but the first thing I get is

  Unexpected End5

(everythinng in read except a black 5).

And there is an "axiom]" prompt. Unfortunately, the cursor then is right in the middle of this prompt.

So I believe Axiom Gold does not work together with TeXmacs.
Other experiences? Any cure?

Ralf