Re: [Axiom-developer] sbcl port

From: Gregory Vanuxem
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] sbcl port
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 19:24:56 +0200

Le lundi 14 mai 2007 à 01:08 +0200, Waldek Hebisch a écrit

[...]

> 3) The reclos test do not finish, it looks that
>
> relativeApprox(squareDiff8,10**(-3))::Float
>
> line goes into infinite loop.

Does

)lis (gcd 8 most-negative-fixnum)

return the gcd ?

If not it's a bug in SBCL (x86_64). I reported it some
times ago and didn't receive any response. Maybe another
report with an example will help (I patch sb-kernel::two-arg-gcd each
time I upgrade SBCL).

> Also, currently sbcl spends a lot of time (more than 1 hour)
> compiling the function jordanAdmissible? from
> AlgebraGivenByStructuralConstants.

Same thing happens on CMUCL. Compilation time of this function depends
greatly on the optimize qualities.

Many thanks,

Greg