Re: [Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] more character stuff

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [build-improvements] more character stuff
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 15:26:00 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi,
>
>   The previous patch that used the ANSI Lisp character type, in lieu
> of the non-standard but cltl conformant string-char, misses a few
> places.  Fixed thusly.

Gaby, it looks like you are re-doing ANSI stuff from scratch.
Did you notice that string-char issues were already handled
in Jurgen Weiss version?  Greg Vanuxem sbcl port picked them.
In private tree I have merged sbcl changes into wh-sandbox.
There are some questionable parts in the code (notably using
eq on functions) and some tests still fail, so I did not
commit the code, but I can make it available.

BTW. Jurgen Weiss made choce between character and string-char
conditional.  It is not clear for me if GCL supports ANSI
enough to work well using character -- we probably should ask
Camm if there are any issues making string-char preferable
for GCL.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden