Re: [Axiom-developer] building wh-sandbox on Windows

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] building wh-sandbox on Windows
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:00:49 +0200 (CEST)

Bill Page wrote:
> I have also checked that this patch set is independent of the
> earlier changes for portability and they both can be applied
> simultaneously.
>
> Waldek, I have modified the portability patch set, as you
> suggested in your previous email, to remove the regression
> of the cfuns-c socket code and drop the patch to the obsolete
> 'construc' function. Would you like me to commit either or
> both of these patch sets to wh-sandbox? Note: One of the
> revisions that I pulled from build-improvements triggers the
> requirement for autoconf >= 2.60.

Please go on with portability patch.

Concerning Windows build, attached you will find modified version
of your patch (diff with respect to revision 517).  I eliminated extra
variable settings from config/var-def.mk -- this is likely to break
Windows build, but fixed autoconf 2.59 problem.  Also, 517 changes
one of the variable setting differently than your original patch.
So there is probably some work to find out which settings in
config/var-def.mk are needed for Windows.

I eliminated use of MID directory from src/interp/Makefile.pamhlet
-- this should make path problems easier.

One extra comment: change to src/lisp/Makefile.pamhlet loads
initial-env.lisp which in turn creates BOOTTRAN package -- that
is why change to src/interp/sys-pkg.lisp.pamphlet is needed.

Could you merge the attached patch with your original one (and if
possible consider also comments from other mails) so that it works
both of Windows and Linux?  Assuming new version works OK please
go on and commit.

BTW.  I will be leaving out town for few days, so I will probably be
unable to immediatly look at your final version.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden