Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Please join!

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Please join!
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 18:06:17 +0200 (CEST)

Bill Page wrote:

> > > Thank you for the detective work. I am using the windows
> > > version of axiom. Is there any work around? or should I try
> > > to compile build-improvements in windows?
> > >

> > You could try:
> >
> > )lisp (setf |$standard| 't)
> > )lisp (setf |$saturn| 'nil)
> >

> Waldek, could you please explain (maybe a sentence or two)
> about what you mean by "Windows Saturn interface"? What is
> Saturn?

Saturn is a name of a user interface in Nag Axiom.  This interface
(or at least part of it) were used in Windows version.

> Plus, assuming I did not know the answer, how would
> I find out from the Axiom documentation and source code?

Is it a trick question?  Souce code mention Saturn many times
without saying what it is.  One can deduce that it has something
to do with user interface and that it is probably a Windows thing,
for example in patches.lisp we had:

;; browser stuff:
#+:UNIX (defvar |$standard| 't)
#-:UNIX (defvar |$standard| 'nil)
#+:UNIX (defvar |$saturn| 'nil)
#-:UNIX (defvar |$saturn| 't)

But to find out more (and what I wrote is almost all that I know
about Saturn) you need to read this mailing list (Saturn were
mentioned few times during user interface discussions).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden