Re: [Axiom-developer] Lisp macro fun...

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Lisp macro fun...
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:24:27 -0700 (PDT)

--- Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> wrote:

> I must admit that I do not understand what you are tring to do now
> -- what you posted looks like macro definition, but it contains
> (hardcodes) most of had written version.

Extending your code to automatically handle any set of delimiters (not
just the <<chunkname>>= we currently use) was the goal.  I would like
to write notangle in lisp once and be done with it ;-).

> Have you looked at <http://ll1.ai.mit.edu/shriram-talk.pdf> (it
> contains Scheme example of macro-generating finite state
> machine)?

No.  Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.  Kai sent me some finite
state machine code as well, and I am working on trying to understand
it.  I was trying to deviate from your code as little as possible
because your code has proven itself fast and I didn't want to
accidentally introduce any performance hits.

> A higher level version may do transitions on strings, so you
> could write:
>
>    (-> "<<"  in-chunk-start-tag
>          ;;; Action
>          (setf start-pos (+ pos 1)))
>
> and the macros would automatically generate intermediate states.

That's what I'm trying to achieve.  I guess I need to think more about
how to set up the macros.

Cheers,
CY