[Axiom-developer] Re: building wh-sandbox on Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: building wh-sandbox on Axiom on Solaris 10.2 x86
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:31:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Waldek,
>
> On April 9, 2007 9:59 AM you wrote:
> > Configure machinery should be in place, but build-improvements
> > also changed src/lib files to use results of configure run.
> > So one have to merge changes to src/lib (and possibly also
> > other C parts).
> >

> I checked the revision log for bsdsignal:
>
> http://axiom.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/axiom/branches/build-improvements/sr
> c/lib/bsdsignal.c.pamphlet?view=log
>
> apparently wh-sandbox is missing build-improvements revision 366.
>
> I have merged these changes with my working copy of wh-sandbox
> and the build is progressing normally (now at Stage 2 object
> bootstrap). It may take another few hours to complete.
>
> The diffs are attached. Would you like me to commit this to
> wh-sandbox if it completes normally or should I leave that up
> to you?

There is a problem with the diff: configure.ac.pamphlet in wh-sandbox
is synced with build improvements 485 (the differences are intentional).
It looks that your diff reverts configure.ac.pamphlet to some earlier
version.

For succesful build on Solaris you probably also need the recent
-lsocket change (IIRC this was after version 485).

FYI: the src/boot and src directory is synced with build improvements 485.
In src/interp and src/algebra I belive that I picked all changes
that I now want to go into wh-sandbox -- in this sense both directories
are synced, but differences are significant (I may use some changes later
but ATM other changes conflict with my work).  Other directories
(src/lib, src/clef, src/sman, src/graph, src/hyper) were synced
with build improvements 358 and need re-syncing.

Some changes will require work to resolve conflicts with changes to
wh-sandbox so it will take some time before I will sync all
directories.  There are some cleanup (and preparation for SBCL
port) related to recent merge which I prefer to do first.  Also
ATM I working via text-only connection, so I prefer to defer
work on graphics for few days (I will be them back to my machine).
If bsdsignal.c change works separatly then please commit it
(but without the configure changes).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden