Re: [Axiom-developer] life and death

From: Ondrej Certik
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] life and death
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 00:46:26 +0200

Is it possible to use Axiom from C++? Then it could also be used from
Python. But I fear that the only easy way of doing it is through
"string interface", like SAGE does for Maple for example.

Ondrej

On 30 Mar 2007 15:17:36 -0500, Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> wrote:
"Ondrej Certik" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| I am already repeating myself, so I think I already said all my
| opinions on this issue, but I really think that what is needed is a
| CAS that could be used as a library in some major language. And I fear
| that Axiom couldn't easily be used this way.

Axiom can and should be made interoperating with languages like C++ or
Lisp,  which is a good starting gate to other galaxies.