Re: [Axiom-developer] kTuple wish

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] kTuple wish
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:39:09 +0200

On 03/29/2007 07:37 PM, Martin Rubey wrote:
Dear Ralf,

Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:

Suppose I want to write a domain that takes a finite number of domains
satisfying a certain category "LabelType".

I write kTuple instead of Tuple, because the Aldor-Tuple constructor
is not suitable for what I want. In particular, if

   T: Tuple PrimitiveType

then I T = (Integer, String, Boolean, String) would be one possible
value for T.

I guess that "I T" should be "T"?

Of course.

However, an element of T is not a Tuple, since T (not its
type) is non-homogeneous.

Did you want to say: "an element of T is not a PrimitiveType"?

If T = (Integer, String) then by "element" I neither meant Integer nor String, but rather a t so that t: T.

Try to show me such a t. And then try to convince me that it is a Tuple.

Ralf