[Axiom-developer] compiled-function-p

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] compiled-function-p
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 11:48:28 -0600

> I suspect that the use of compiled-function-p is bogus: Axiom probably
> assumes that the function is either a lambda list or is
> a compiled function. But it looks that such assumption was true in
> the past....

Actually, in other lisps that hosted Axiom, such as VMLisp, it was
perfectly possible for the so-called function position of an
expression to contain virtually any expression. VMLisp will do a
complete recursive evaluation of the car of an expression.  Common
lisp introduced restrictions on what could appear in the function
position. Since common lisp is our new, favorite lisp we can remove
the test. Portions of the code still contain these historical lisp-isms.

Tim