Re: [Axiom-developer] Algebra bootstrap

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Algebra bootstrap
Date: 06 Feb 2007 08:04:51 -0600

I think we need to have a basic interpreter, and a basic compiler
in the sense that they are almost like the interpreter and compiler,
but they "know" only

   * simple types: Boolean, Integer, Float
   * constructed types: List(T), Vector(T)
   * fundamental structure: Category

Form that, we must separate and rationalize the database construction.

We must also be able to process a file without first having to split
it into several chunks.  We have been able to process SPAD files that
way; making )abbrev a no-op.