Re: [Axiom-developer] browser front end, statement of plans and progress

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] browser front end, statement of plans and progress
Date: 29 Jan 2007 11:18:19 +0100

Dear all,

I use axiom in a emacs with an axiom-mode which accepts multilines commands
  in automatics temporary files,
or in a xterm for short tests.
I don't use texmacs because
  I prefer the << light >> emacs to the CPU-eater texmacs.
I'll use the sage interface iff it's possible to hide the sage interpreter.
  I don't want to type
    SageResustl = axiom ("axiomVar := sum (q^k, k=0..n)")
  but only type axiomVar := sum (q^k, k=0..n) in sage interface.

I can't do exercices for my students in a xterm,
axiom in a xterm looks like mupad-light, it's not a great interface.
But the other systems (emacs, texmacs or sage) are possible.

I might use but I don't use the hyper-doc.
I prefer grep in the *.spad files
and find very precious short help after +++.

When I used mupad I got the list of all the mupad-functions and
it was easy to complete a function name or a domain by the [tab] key.
It was nice. My emacs interface for mupad get also the man-page in emacs
and could copy examples from the help to the session.

The sage project has very pretty draw abilities.
Perhaps it'll be possible to export from axiom list of points, surfaces,
curves and get beautiful plots thanks to sage.

I don't use plot functions in axiom because it's difficult to draw multiple
curves in the same window. I can't do
  plot ([x^(0.5*k) for k=-4..6],color=[blue, red, black, ...])

Have a nice day !

F.