[Axiom-developer] Re: version 107 of trunk

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: version 107 of trunk
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:27:18 +0100

I have seen your definitions of Partial and Generator before, but I am not
quite sure whether they are needed.

Yes, I need them, since I don't want to create all the 848456353 binary forests
at once.

I think you forgot to tell the number of nodes for the above number. ;-)
Well, it is clear that you don't want to reserve so much memory at once. But I don't have any idea how to do this nicely. That is the reason, why this mail also goes to axiom-developer.

The problem is in aldor-combinat we have huge structures which are generated on the fly and generated on demand in a "Generator" structure.
So we have a function

  structures: SetSpecies(L) -> Generator %

The problem now is, if I call "g := structures(s)" inside an Axiom session, one cannot simply step this generator in a form like

  for x in g repeat {...}

Is there somebody knowing the internals of Axiom (and maybe Aldor) who could help to make such a "for" statement work?

Ralf