RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom/GCL on windows
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 10:40:13 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Bill Page wrote:

| On December 10, 2006 11:41 PM Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| >   Axiom build-improvements branch revision 395 contains all the
| > necessary bits to build Axiom on windows and reproduce the above.
| > Please could you give it a try?
| >

| I pulled the latest patches to build-improvements and tried an
| out-of-source build in MSYS but
|
|   mkdir axiom.test
|   cd axiom.test
|   ../build-improvements/configure
|
| hangs my Windows XP system during a confidence test. I am not able
| even to kill the process.

That is very odd.

| After a power-off re-boot the file axiom.test/config.log contains:
|
| $ tail config.log
| |   return 0;
| | }
| configure:4308: result: no
| configure:4324: checking whether getgid is declared
| configure:4349: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5
| conftest.c: In function `main':
| conftest.c:31: error: `getgid' undeclared (first use in this function)
| conftest.c:31: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
| conftest.c:31: error: for each function it appears in.)

That is good.  Normally, that should enable Autoconf to

   #define HAVE_DECL_GETPID 0

in config/axiom-c-macros.h

Notice that the program is not even compiled so it is no "hang of
running erronous program".

| -------------
|
| This same MSYS environment builds axiom--windows--1 and gcl-2.6.8pre
| with no problems.
|
| Can you give me some more specifics about how you are testing
| this on windows?

I pretty much do the same thing as you.

  (1) get the axiom source
  (2) create a build directory
  (3) invoke configure
  (4) make

Could you send me the (partial) config.log?