[Axiom-developer] conditional exports

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] conditional exports
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 12:29:52 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I seem to have some problems with conditional exports. What error
message is that...

Won't parse: (Type)->Join(If(Test(Has(S,BasicType)),BasicType,NIL),etc)

???

See below.

I first stubled over an error which was seemingly connected to a
difference in the way I loaded the code. Then the axo way worked, but
the axlsp method failed. But if I cannot get over this one here, I
really don't know how to go on.

And again there is the problem with "extend". It is simply a pain if I
have to rename domains only because Axiom does not allow to load a
domain and later an extension of it. Please, please, please, make
"extend" work in Axiom.

Ralf

---BEGIN Makefile
ALDOR=${ALDORROOT}/bin/aldor
ALDORFLAGS=-Y . -Y ${ALDORROOT}/lib -Y ${AXIOM}/algebra \
        -I . -I ${ALDORROOT}/include \
        -dAxiom -O -Fasy -Flsp -laxiom -Mno-ALDOR_W_WillObsolete \
        -fao -Mno-mactext -M2 -Mno-abbrev

all:
        @echo "Say 'make axlsp' or 'make axo'."

clean:
        -rm *.asy *.ao *.lsp *.fn *.o *.input libdb.text
        -rm *.al

axlsp: clean
        ${ALDOR} ${ALDORFLAGS} csaxcompat.as
        echo ")lib csaxcompat"        > axlsp.input
        ${AXIOM}/bin/AXIOMsys < axlsp.input

axo: clean
        echo ")co csaxcompat.as" > axo.input
        ${AXIOM}/bin/AXIOMsys < axo.input
---END Makefile

---BEGIN csaxcompat.as
#include "axiom"
Array(S: Type): with {
        if S has BasicType then BasicType;
} == IndexedOneDimensionalArray(S, 0$Integer) add {}
---END csaxcompat.as