Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty patch again

From: Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty patch again
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:59:44 -0400

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

> | > /mirror/axiom is now your local repo.  You can check out as
> | >
> | >   svk co /mirror/axiom/branches/build-improvements axiom.bi
> |
> | No, that won't work, or rather it works to check out the source, but I
> | can't svk patch that working directory.
>
> ?
>
> The above is what *I* _use_ to set up a repo directly "connected" to
> the master repo, in particular one for Axiom.

Yes, but can you svk patch --cat a patch you have created in that depot?

> | Those are the instructions I had
> | followed from the AxiomSilverBranch page on MathAction.
> |
> | The svk help intro page suggests a procedure like:
> |
> |     svk mirror
> |
> |       First, you'll need to mirror a remote repository. This sets up a
> |       local copy of that repository for you to branch from, merge to and
> |       otherwise poke at. The local path is sometimes called a "depot path."
> |
> |           # This command sets up the mirror directory for your local
> |           # mirrors of remote repositories
> |           svk mkdir //mirror
>
> This creates a local branch in your default depot, so it effectively
> is "deconnected" from the Axiom repo.  Is that what you want?

I guess not. I tried it, but still get errors trying to work with the
patch I've made:

$ svk patch --cat openpty-again --depot /axiom/
Target not local nor mirrored, unable to view patch.

I just want the svk patch commands to work. Maybe it's some bug in the
Mac OS X version of svk I'm using. The only thing related I can see on
google is:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2005-September/042700.html

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga