Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty patch again

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] openpty patch again
Date: 01 Dec 2006 03:42:17 +0100

Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga <address@hidden> writes:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
|
| > | The procedure to build this version of axiom is not too bad. Fink still
| > | seems to cause problems if the build machinery can see it, so I delete
| > | it from the path.
| >
| > we can configure-detect that and set PATH accordingly.
| >
| > | One caveat is that you need latex, makeindex, and
| >
| > we can ask configure to return the absolute path so that there would
| > be no need to symlink from somewhere else.
|
| Can you reccomend a reference on configure tricks like that? I've looked
| at the info pages, but can't figure out how to do that.

I was thinking of AC_PATH_PROG (which we use for notangle and noweave
for example).

The online reference I liked (a long time ago) was the Autotools book,

        http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/

but it is quite out of date now.  But I seem to remember that one of
the co-authors (Ian, now at Google) said recently that he no longer
quite recommend it.  It is still useful though.
Otherwise I find the info pages quite well written.

| > | but svk patch complains:
| > |
| > | $ svk patch --view pty-again
| > | Target not local nor mirrored, unable to view patch.
| >
| > From the top my head, I don't see what that means.  I'll have to go back.
|
| The help for svk patch says:
|
|     Suppose you mirror project foo to //mirror/foo, create a local copy on
|     //local/foo, and check out to ~/dev/foo. After you've done some work,
|     you type:
|
|         svk commit -m "Add my new feature"
|
|     to commit changes from ~/dev/foo to //local/foo. If you have commit
|     access to the upstream repository, you can submit your changes directly
|     like this:
|
|         svk push //local/foo
|
|     Sometimes, it's useful to send a patch, rather than submit changes
|     directly, either because you don't have permission to commit to the
|     upstream repository or because you don't think your changes are ready
|     to be committed.
|
|     To create a patch containing the differences between //local/foo and
|     //mirror/foo, use this command:
|
|         svk push -P Foo //local/foo
|
| But I don't have and don't know how to make the "local copy //local/foo"
| corresponding to my upstream repository stored in //mirror/axiom

OK, now I get it.  Thanks.

You need to create a depotmap; call it whatever you want.
Personally, I have several depots, one of them is /mirror
for mirroring several repos of projects I work on (GCC has a distinct
dedicated depot). Chose a directory where you want your depot to
reside.  It could be ~/.svk

   svk depotmap /mirror ~/.svk

(enter the editor, make whatever change you think is appropriate;
save; exit)

Next, you need to mirror axiom repo

   svk mirror https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/axiom /mirror/axiom

Then, you need to synchronize that mirror

   svk sync /mirror/axiom

(that can take a while -- it mirrors the repo on your local disk.
Therefore, it is like if you were doing a checkout and SF/SVN would
give you headach; your would need to be patient).

/mirror/axiom is now your local repo.  You can check out as

  svk co /mirror/axiom/branches/build-improvements axiom.bi

and once you're in the working directory (axiom.bi), you can update at
any time

   svk update -s