RE: [Axiom-developer] expression parse tree API?

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] expression parse tree API?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:20:27 -0500

On November 26, 2006 4:10 PM Jurgis Pralgauskis wrote:

> ups.. probably I missunderstood sth.. a few years ago I stumbled
> upon  Axiom, and maybe zwiki, and mentioning of python in
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomDevelopment made me think
> so...

The only reference to Python on the above page is a quote from
Tim Daly who wrote:

"Boot has some nice features. It was basically Python before Python
existed. The key flaw in Boot (and Python) is that programs are not
data."

There is a general sense in which what Tim wrote it true: While
it is true that Axiom is ultimately written in Lisp, in fact
there are several layers of languages that are defined in order
write Axiom. Boot is the first of these languages. Boot is
compiled to Lisp. Boot in turn is used to implement SPAD - the
language in which the Axiom library code is written.

Take a loot at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomProgramming

> anyway, could You point me where to look for expression parse
> API , if there is such..

Expression parsing is accessible via the InputForm domain.
See:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/InputForm

and related discussions in the axiom-developer archives:

http://mail.nongnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer