Re: [Axiom-developer] Debugging Boot

From: Vanuxem Gregory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Debugging Boot
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:25:32 +0100

Le samedi 25 novembre 2006 à 10:05 +0100, Martin Rubey a écrit :

[...]

> * how can I display debugging information in boot, i.e., something like
>   output("Hi, I'm here") and output(some-variable).

This is very easy, if you use function names in uppercase, for example
FOO(x), they will be translated to a Lisp call without vertical bars
enclosing the function name so in this example translated to (FOO x):

PRINT("I'm here") or PRINT(my-variable)
Strings will be enclosed with vertical bars, to avoid this use
PRINT('"salut")

Otherwise there are some outputting functions in boot, they generally
begin with 'say' for example sayBrightly. Personally I use PRINT in your
case.

Greg