Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom twice

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building Axiom twice
Date: 24 Nov 2006 03:43:31 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

| > That begs the question: why not put those warm data and files in
| > interpsys too, so that we only have one image to care about?

In fact, warm data is already in interpsys, and AXIOMsys is just a
copy of interpsys.

So, I believe we are now back to the question:  If AXIOMsys must be a
copy of interpsys, why do we have both?

I think interpsys is supposed to be just a bootstrapping system for
AXIOMsys, but currently it looks like AXIOMsys is just a copy.

| Because the "warm data" algebra has to be compiled before it can
| be loaded.

Yes, and that is what is done and it is loaded in interpsys.

[...]

| AXIOMsys is a "ship system"

I believe "mamouth system" might be more appropriate :-) :-)

--Gaby