Re: [Axiom-developer] Testing build-improvements

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Testing build-improvements
Date: 22 Nov 2006 16:57:39 +0100

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

| > |
| <snip>
| > | Actually, it looks that three files are affected: INTHEORY.input,
| > | TESTFR.input, VIEW2D.input.
| > |
| > | I suspect change to the document script, but have not verified this.
| >
| > It might quite be possible that a change to document script is causing
| > an error; but so I'm clueless about what the problem is and what the
| > symptoms your are describing are.
| >

| I am now testing the patch below.  The three affected files were
| generated from algebra pamplets and corresponding hunks have names
| containing spaces inside.

Aha!  That problem again! :-(  You probably saw the comment

    # FIXME: Ideally, we should just prepend -R to $chunk
    #        if it is non-null, and say $tangle $chunk $file > $output
    #        Alternatively, we could initialize chunk to '*' and
    #        unconditionally use -R"$chunk".

which indicates I have been there before.  I wrote "ideally" (long
time ago), because I knew it did not work because of spaces in chunk
names.  And my brain must have been GCed and I forgot about it.
Unfortunately, no amont of quotes could get it work properly under
the various circumstances I checked.

| --- build-improvements.bb/src/scripts/document.in     2006-11-21
00:10:25.000000000 +0100
| +++ build-improvements/src/scripts/document.in        2006-11-22
15:22:59.000000000 +0100
| @@ -129,7 +129,7 @@
|
|       --tangle)
|          do_tangle=yes
| -        if test -n $arg; then
| +        if test -n "$arg"; then
|              chunk=$arg

Without proper quotes, I think this would lead to garbage again (at
least that was my experience some time ago).

Thanks!