[Axiom-developer] Re: GCL and elf-loader

From: Gernot Hueber
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: GCL and elf-loader
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:43:31 +0100

In the meantime I had a look to www.swig.org, which has been mention on the axiom-* lists recently. IMHO it should be possible to generate wrappers (lisp and aldor) with this tool - yet there is much black magic inside, especially the way to extend swig. Swig supports AllegroCL using FFI which is not included with GCL (at the moment) Gernot

root writes:
Gernot,
I'm very interested in your work but I'm still struggling with the
details of the elf-loader so you're way ahead of me. This looks like
a very interesting direction from my point of view.
If I can get the elf-loader to work it would be simple to lift the
library interfaces and expose them as algebra packages. The key
issue for me is figuring out the low level details of bolting elf-loader
to GCL.
Tim