Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom documentation and asq.c.pamphlet

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom documentation and asq.c.pamphlet
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 18:39:12 -0500

> I just neticed that a large documentation hunk was copied almost
> verbatim from 'src/interp/daase.lisp.pamphlet' into 'src/etc/asq.c.pamphlet'
> IMHO this is _very_ bad practise. It increas work needed to maintain
> Axiom.  And the to copies are likely to get out of sync anyway, which
> will cause confusion to the readers.
>
> AFAICS the copy in 'src/etc/asq.c.pamphlet' should be removed and
> replaced by text like:
>
> Database structure is described in [[src/interp/daase.lisp.pamphlet]].
> Note that [[asq]] currently works only with compressed databases.

Although the text in some blocks is the same the structure of the
documents are different. Asq does not contain all of the information
that is in daase. Both documents needs explanation and they
will diverge in the future. I'm looking at changing asq to handle
html style output. The information will certainly diverge (and you'll
notice that they are structured differently) as I continue to change asq.
The asq changes are not fully documented. Please have patience.