[Axiom-developer] RE: Suggestion

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Suggestion
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 01:05:14 -0500

On November 5, 2006 12:52 AM Alfredo Portes asked:
> > I agree that BuildAxiom is the right place to add the build
> > procedure for OS X. Feel free ... :-)
>
> I will. I emailed Humberto to see if he can write the steps...
>
> what is the status of Axiom on Windows, maybe I should look into the
> mailing list. :-).
>
> This is when I would hope that discussions were done in the wiki, it
> is much faster to search and find information.

I don't think there has been any recent work. I updated the build
instructions last month and tested building Axiom using the new
gcl-2.6.8pre release. It works but I did not have time to make
any improvements to the existing Windows binaries. I am still
planning (real-soon-now) to start a new build for Windows based
on the new build-improvements branch... That shouldn't be any
harder than it turned out to be for the MAC! :-)

Do you have any interest in working on the Windows version?

Regards,
Bill Page