Re: [Axiom-developer] Maintainers

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Maintainers
Date: 04 Nov 2006 09:00:11 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

| > | please lose the notion of "single point of failure" as it is meaningless.
| >
| > No, it is not.  You have provide evidence for this over the past,
| > feeling you're obliged to offer aplogogies after apologies.
|
| well, this is your claim.
| i claim such a single point does not exist.
| you claim it does exist.

A single point of failure is when we have only one person

  (1) that has authority to approve and apply changes to the main source,
  (2) make official realeases.

   When that single person becomes unavailable temporarily or forever,
   the project is stalled.

Do you want to be remind you how late --patch-50 was?

| it is much harder to prove non-existence of a non-point

indeed; but thankfully, we are in that business.