Re: [Axiom-developer] def.lisp

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] def.lisp
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 21:04:54 -0400

Gaby,

The def.lisp file occurs in two places but for different reasons.
If you look at the function build-interpsys in util.lisp.pamphlet
you see that it takes several arguments.

load-files
parse-files -- contains the first instance of def.lisp
comp-files
browse-files
translate-files -- contains the second instance of def.lisp
nagbr-files
asauto-files

as well as a set of pathnames derived during the make process.

spad
lsp
src
int
obj
mht
sys

It is not clear to me yet that this is actually a duplicate use.
The question is, what is the semantic difference between the files
in the parse-files list and the translate-files list and how are
they used.

The fact that the same file NAME occurs in two lists implies nothing.

Since we do not have a reliable test suite with sufficient coverage
means that we cannot claim that "it works to remove it". We need to
understand why it occurs and then show that it does no harm to remove it.