Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Patch for SPADEDIT

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Patch for SPADEDIT
Date: 27 Oct 2006 17:05:04 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | > We could also display the dvi, but then src/scripts/document would
> | > have to call latex with "-src-specials" or, if that is not available,
> | > we would have to include the file srcltx in every pamphlet.
> |
> | Would it be an option to say \usepackage{srcltx} in axiom.sty?
> | srcltx.sty is public domain software.
> |
> | > There is yet another issue: It seems that latex -source-specials puts
> | > the absolute path of the original file into the dvi. I guess that at
> | > least kdvi won't mind for forward search (i.e., when clicking on
> | > INT.spad in HyperDoc the correct line will appear),
> |
> | I don't quite understand. If you want to jump from INT.spad to the
> | corresponding line in the .dvi file then the line information should be
> | in INT.spad. Note that INT.spad.pamphlet is the source.
>
> My inclination would be: just fire up $EDITOR on the _installed_
> source (or if $EDITOR is not set, fire up vi).

That's not sufficient, since we also want to have the editor point to the right
place. I get the line number by doing a grep.

(Did you read my SPADEDIT.pamphlet? I even wrote some documentation!)

Of course, it makes no difference whether I grep the .spad or the .pamphlet
files. But really, we should be firing up the dvi viewer with the literate
source. If you really want the source code itself, you then just press the
middle button in the dvi viewer.

But for that, we need to have srcltx with Ralf's patch and first of all, the
pamphlets installed.

It is very strange that only the spad files are installed anyway. That's not
really encouraging literate programming ...

Martin