[Axiom-developer] Re: Patch for SPADEDIT

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Patch for SPADEDIT
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:13:31 +0200

We could also display the dvi, but then src/scripts/document would
have to call latex with "-src-specials" or, if that is not available,
we would have to include the file srcltx in every pamphlet.

Would it be an option to say \usepackage{srcltx} in axiom.sty?
srcltx.sty is public domain software.

There is yet another issue: It seems that latex -source-specials puts
the absolute path of the original file into the dvi. I guess that at
least kdvi won't mind for forward search (i.e., when clicking on
INT.spad in HyperDoc the correct line will appear),

I don't quite understand. If you want to jump from INT.spad to the
corresponding line in the .dvi file then the line information should be
in INT.spad. Note that INT.spad.pamphlet is the source.

but inverse search, (i.e., clicking in the dvi file to display the
source) won't work.

Right. I don't know -source-specials but rather just -src (maybe it's
the same), but it won't work, because it generates sources-specials to
.tex files and not to .pamplet files.

Maybe Ralf has a solution for that problem,

Yep. Just a small patch to srcltx.sty and you can have xdvi jumping to the .pamplet instead of .tex file. All explained in ALLPROSE. But nobody seems to be interested anyway. So why invest time?

I cannot really imagine that there are people not using emacs ;-)

Wow, then some people must be really brilliant to be able to create a .doc or .sxw documents in Emacs. I couldn't do that. ;-)

Ralf