Re: [Axiom-developer] Latex hangs

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Latex hangs
Date: 25 Oct 2006 04:12:35 +0200

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

| On October 24, 2006 3:33 PM Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| >
| > Ralf Hemmecke <address@hidden> writes:
| >
| > | Nevertheless, last week you thought about making your
| > | Gold-to-be public. We should have your tla branch and Silver
| > | on sourceforge and google in sync. Everything else confuses
| > | people no matter how many SCM-systems we use for axiom.
|
| I think it might be possible using Tailor to automatically sync
| tla (on axiom-developer) to svn (on SourceForge and Google).
| Tailor can apparenly read from tla repositories but not write.
| This would let Tim blissfully continue to use tla while the
| rest of us deal with svn. The sync would be only one way: from
| tla axiom--main--1 to snv trunk. But Tim has said that he does
| not want to automatically propagate changes into the tla
| repositories that he controls anyway, right Tim?

I'll repeat my opinion again:  I believe it is WRONG to keep things
secret until they are released.  True, I have many local trees for
experiments; but I publish them as soon as possible (with their
errors).  That way bugs have chances to be discovered much faster.  If
you look at recent activity on build-improvements, I don't think I
need to cite a particular individual to support the case.
I'm unimpressed by single update consisting of a big patch as a release.
I'm of the opnion that Tim should update the Gold-to-be often.