[Axiom-developer] Latex hangs

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Latex hangs
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:22:01 +0200 (CEST)

As I reported on some machines build (or just 'make dvi' on
build-improvement branch) hangs running latex.  I have now tracked
the reasons.  One is that on those machines there are missing
packeges (hyperref and/or pstricks).  It would be nice to check
at configure time that necessary latex packages are present.

Other reason in that typical latex command used during axiom build
looks like:

latex book.pamphlet --interaction nonstopmode

I guess that intention here was to avoid hangs, but this does not
work!  To make '--interaction nonstopmode' effective one has to
give it _before_ file name. So the form below is immune to hangs:

latex --interaction nonstopmode book.pamphlet

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden