RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] build-improvements and latex
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:30:54 -0400

Thanks, Norman. I think we figured it out. There is really no
mangling - just an "innocent" change with unexpected behaviour.
Your FAQ is very useful:

http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/nr/noweb/FAQ.html

Q. How do I get an output file (root chunk) with an underscore
  in its name? LaTeX complains about the underscore.

    A. All chunk names are set in ordinary TeX mode. This means
that underscore is a subscript character. Rather than use special
hacks, I just avoid underscores in file names, since I prefer to
use hyphens anyway. However, you can write a simple sed script to
filter the underscores for use by noweave:

      noweave -filter "sed '/address@hidden /s/_/\\_/g;/address@hidden

and the filter will change _ to \_ before TeX sees it.

I've got to remember to check the FAQ more often.