Re: [Axiom-developer] database fixes

From: Waldek Hebisch
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] database fixes
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 02:46:37 +0200 (CEST)

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
>   (2) please, please, document behaviour in the pamphlets; not just
>       the code.

What do you mean by "document behaviour in the pamphlets"?  Do you think
that I should split changes into chunks and annotate them separately?
I would oppose that: current structure is mostly seqential and IMHO
very readible, chopping it would make it less readible.

Do you think that changes I made need more comments?

Maybe you think that the explanations I included in the e-mail should
go into the pamphlet?  I do not think so, IMHO pamplet should reflect
the best version of code and history belongs to version control.

Or should I just generally add documentation to the pamphlet? I will do
but:
1) ATM I can not add much value to what is already there -- I can read
   the code but the classic rule of documentation is "documentation
   should not repeat the code"...
2) AFAIK Tim is working on the same file and scattered changes (or
   some re-organization) is likely to crate conflict with his changes.
3) For me diff is a very important tool and to make my work easier
   (or even possible) I want to do minimal changes.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
address@hidden