Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Sourceforge-Google

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Sourceforge-Google
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:49:00 +0200

Le samedi 14 octobre 2006 à 01:41 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis a écrit :
> Vanuxem Grégory <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> | This (the X11 issue) is exactly what is needed to "merge" Axiom for
> | Windows and the main branch (i.e. drop the Windows branch). Some other
> | _small_ changes will eventually be needed.
>
> I'm not aware of those "small" changes; please could you tell me more
> about those?

When saying that yesterday I forgot some issues with sockets, I don't
know if "GCL on Windows" support these. Another thing is the use of pty
(in src/lib, src/sman etc), there is no pty in Windows. In fact on
Windows we use AXIOMsys and not the axiom script. So the more I think
about this the more I think the changes will not be as small as I though
(it's not insurmountable though). In fact my point of view is/was
biased, I too often use directly AXIOMsys.

Another known problem is spaces in paths, for example path to latex.
Bill have recently modified the latex definition in a file, maybe the
document script, it is now 'latex' instead of the full path which is C:
\Program Files\Somewhere for him. For the other small changes, I don't
know, we will see later when we will test and use. But Bill is the right
person to speak about this, it maintains the "Axiom for Windows" branch
and better know than me Windows specific issues (it worked with Mike
Thomas, the "GCL for Windows" guru ).

Greg