RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [M#73697383] Re: Disk-quota Request
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 18:01:31 -0400

Ben,

Hmmm, "bleeding edge" you say? I think I'm going to need a
transfusion soon ... ;)

Here's the latest:

~=~=~= PuTTY log 2006.10.04 11:52:26 =~=~=~
address@hidden page]$ svnsync init
  https://axiom.googlecode.com/svn file:///home/page/axiom-sf
Authentication realm: <https://axiom.googlecode.com:443>
 Google Code Subversion Repository
Password for 'page':
Authentication realm: <https://axiom.googlecode.com:443>
 Google Code Subversion Repository
Username: synthesis.anikast.ca
Password for 'synthesis.anikast.ca':
Copied properties for revision 0.
address@hidden page]$ svnsync sync
  https://axiom.googlecode.com/svn
Committed revision 1.
Copied properties for revision 1.
Committed revision 2.
Copied properties for revision 2.

--------

After about 1 hour the console session was unexpectedly
interrupted by my host computer (probably a connection
time- out because of no console traffic).

I restarted with the command:

address@hidden page]$ nohup svnsync sync
  https://axiom.googlecode.com/svn &

After about an hour I saw the synsync process had terminated.
nohup.out contains only:

svnsync: Caught signal

--------

<sigh> So I restarted it again:

address@hidden page]$ nohup svnsync sync
  https://axiom.googlecode.com/svn &

And about an hour later again svnsync terminated. In the log
I see:

svnsync: PUT of
'/svn/!svn/wrk/29cc7f0b-011f-0410-b261-d5f055a290b5/trunk/axiom/src/input/tk
not.input.pamphlet':
 403 Forbidden (https://axiom.googlecode.com)

I am patient but you can guess my conclusions from my experience
so far.

We can either continue debugging this process or wait until someone
else does since it seems unlikely that decision to use subversion
(and associated tools) will be changed just because two of the Axiom
developers can't seem to get it to work. :-(

So I remain: at your service. ;)

What's next?